BENEFITING: IAN SOMERHALDER FOUNDATION
Green Vamps was founded to team people who want to learn, share their knowledge and raise awarness in order to inspire and encourage people to protect the environment and simply do good.
Ian Somerhalder Foundation (www.isfoundation.org) has changed my point of view, my whole life even, and given me strengh to believe in myself. It's time for me to give back.
The Green Vamps Charcoal Project is about raising money for ISF by selling drawings made especially for YOU.
So this is how it works: you email us a photo of whoever you want, donate $10 to ISF, we draw an almost professional almost hyperrealistic (haha) drawing of that person and email a high quality scan of it to you. Are you in? :)
Drawings will be made especially for you by:
- Paulina (that's me :)) - if there's a woman or a girl on your photo. Examples of my works are HERE and in the gallery you see on the left side on this page (female portraits);
- Myrthe (that's my awesome friend) - if you'd like a portrait of a man or a boy. Examples of Myrthe's works are in the gallery you see on the left side on this page (male portraits).
I really want this to work so PLEASE, if you'd like a drawing, FOLLOW THESE POINTS STEP BY STEP:
- Send me a high quality photo of a face of whoever you want - it can be you, your friend, family member, favorite actor. The email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org (please write "Charcoal Project" in the subject). Now please WAIT FOR THE REPLY. It may happen that for some reason we won't be able to draw what you want us to draw. I'll definitely contact you and let you know.
- If everything is okay, I'll ask you to donate $10 (obviously it would be awesome if you could spend more ;)) to ISF using THIS PAGE. Please - in this case! - do not use the "give" button on ISF's page because we won't be able to see if you have donated or not.
- Now all you have to do is wait. Drawing a portrait takes me 2-4 weeks. For Myrthe, it takes about 1 week. Please remember we're only humans and sitting at home and drawing is not all we do in our lives. We cannot say how long exactly will it take us to finish a drawing for you but we'll do our best to finish it in up to 1 month.
- When we're done with the drawing, it will be scanned and sent to your email address with a huge THANK YOU. :)
For your information:
- according to the Crowdrise's FAQs, their pricing "starts at a flat 4.95% on donations. So on a $100 donation, $95.05 goes to the Charity." - Green Vamps, that means us, don't take a dime;
- please remember to send me an email and make sure you got a reply from me BEFORE donating;
- we'll do our best while drawing a portrait for you and we hope you will like it. We're sorry but we do not accept complaints. This project is not officially affiliated with the Ian Somerhalder Foundation - we CANNOT ask them to give you back the money;
- I use only pencils and draw only in grayscale; Myrthe uses both lead pencils and color pencils;
- the real dimentions of the drawing made by Paulina will be no bigger than 19x27 cm (7.5x10.6 in.); Myrthe usually uses bigger sheets;
- it might happen (hmm... it's theoretically possible ;)) that 100 people would ask us for a drawing at the same time. Obviously, we wouldn't be able to do it. In case when more people ask for a drawing at the same time, I'll politely ask you to line up and wait :)
- we reserve the right to crop the photos sent to us.
I'd like to thank our friend Haley (@ISF_KidsArmy_WV) for her support and the piece of advice she's given me. This project wouln't exist without her help. Thank you Haley!!! :)
Sorry for the possible grammar and/or spelling mistakes - we're not native English speakers ;)