Griffin and Tilly are both rescue cats that are up for adoption. Recently, they both had vet visits, and we found out that each of them need to see a cardiologist as soon as possible. Griffin was scheduled to have a dental, which he needs very badly. But he also was coughing/hacking recently, so the vet took some x-rays to see if he might have asthma (which he most likely does!), and also found that he has a congenital malformation called a peritoneal diaphragmatic hernia. This means that there is a hole in his diaphragm that is communicating with a hole in the sac around his heart. Cats can sometimes do fine with this but this means there is an increased risk of putting him under anesthesia, so a Cardiology appt. would be beneficial as there is likely some heart enlargment as well, and she wants to make sure that it will be safe to sedate him for his dental.
Tilly had some bloodwork done in April and her proBNP (heart enzyme) was really elevated, which means she most likely has some cardiomyopathy (means the heart muscle is abnormal) and may need to be on medication.
Our funds are very low and we depend on donations for our vet visits, which means that until we have enough to take these sweet babies to the Cardiologist, they need to be put on hold. We pay for alot out of our own money, but sometimes it is just not possible.
If you could help us out with ANY amount, we would be so grateful as we really want to help these two in the best way possible.
If you know of anyone that might also want to donate, please feel free to share this with them.
Thank you sooooo much!
The Cat Posse