EVENT DATE: Nov 13, 2013
We got married! Life is already awesome so we don't need gifts. Please join us in virtual celebration of how lucky we are and donate to one (or more, if you wish) of these non-profits. If you do so, our 'getting married' will be transformed from a 'big step for us' to a 'small but awesome change in the world'. And that's the best wedding present we can think of.
Why these five non-profits?
- Somaly Mam Foundation works to end modern slavery and empower its survivors. There are about 20.9 million people toiling as modern slaves around the world. This needs to stop.
- The International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) works to empower women, advance gender equality and fight poverty in the developing world. Enough said.
- The Nature Conservancy protects nature around the world. We like nature. And the world.
- Ticket for Kids Charities is an awesome Pittsburgh-based non-profit dedicated to enriching the lives of low-income and at-risk children and their families. Barbora volunteered there so she knows.
- International Planned Parenthood Federation because having access to sexual and reproductive health information and services is good for the world.