EVENT DATE: Apr 26, 2014
Due to the Gardiner being closed on April 26th, we will be postponing this event to a later date TBD.
To donate to a friend who is participating:
1. Go here: https://www.canadahelps.org/CharityProfilePage.aspx?charityID=s39320
2. Click Donate Now
3. Enter donation amount, One Time, General Donation
4. VERY important: Enter "Wings" in the Message/Instructions field box (helps track donations)
5. Click Continue and follow the instructions
6. At the end on the screen that says "Thank You", copy the confirmation number and paste it to the Team Member you are pledging your donation for and give them your full name and the amount donated. If you wish the amount to be kept hidden, let them know.
To Signup to be on our Team as a participant:
1. Go to: http://www.crowdrise.com/gtawingcrawl/
2. Click "Fundraise for this campaign"
3. Click "Signup for CrowdRise"
4. Enter your information for a personal account (select that radio button on the right and enter info below)
5. Click "Join the Team"
6. The next page is your page as a Team Member for the fundraiser
To add offline donations as a Team Member:
1. From your page (you may have to click on your name under the Team section) click the "Manage Campaign" tab
2. On the bottom right, click "Donation Toolkit" then "Offline Donation Manager"
3. On the next screen fill in the names of anyone pledging a donation to you and the amount and any appropriate options and click "Save and Close"
To enter your personal goals that you will meet for this campaign as a Team Member:
1. From your page (you may have to click on your name under the Team section) click the "Edit Fundraiser" tab
2. Enter what you plan to do in exchange for your friends' donations in the "About My Fundraiser" field.
3. Do NOT select a charity as we'll be handling that offline directly with our charity.
4. You can set a fundraising goal amount if you want to
Why?: A bunch of friends recommended their favourite halal chicken wings places from across the GTA. So why not try them out and help some people out in the delicious process?
What?: A group fundraiser for the North York Women's Shelter (93% of their expenditures go Charitable Programs)
Where?: Restaurants where Zabiha wings are served across the GTA, east end to west end.
When?: Every 90 min starting from 11am until the event ends on the evening of April 26th, 2014
How does it work?:
You sign up as a "Team Member" and decide your level of participation. You either hop in a car (we can carpool) and start with me at a restaurant in the east end of the city and hop to a new restaurant every 90 min, migrating toward the west end and trying out wings at each place OR you can meet us at a wings place we're hitting that is local to you if you can't make it to every stop. You get your friends to pledge a donation toward our cause based on your participation. If you are only dropping in at one location, you'll have to complete a challenge of your choosing. This could be eating a certain number of chicken wings within a half hour or downing the spiciest wings a place has to offer or whatever you want.
At the end of the night we'll end at a restaurant in the west end where hopefully our friends will join us for some good company and good times!
11:00 am: Markham Wild Wings https://goo.gl/maps/gAfsw
9408 Markham Road
12:30pm: Zestee's Scarborough https://goo.gl/maps/0LMS2
3007 Sheppard Ave East,
Toronto, ON – M1T 3J5
2:00pm: Pizzaland Halal https://goo.gl/maps/9C4U4
1801 Lawrence Ave East 4
Toronto, ON M1R2X9
3:30 pm: Big Al’s Flyin’ Phillys in Kensington Markethttps://goo.gl/maps/CItxj
251 Augusta Avenue, Toronto, ON
5:00pm: Mani's Pizza and Wings https://goo.gl/maps/z4kI3
4665 Central Pkwy E #11, Mississauga, ON L4Z 2V5
6:30pm: Double Double Pizza and Chicken https://goo.gl/maps/Dnjme
3095 Hurontario St
Mississauga, ON L5A 4K9
8:00pm: Mazaj Lounge https://goo.gl/maps/rVhwx
1195 Meyerside Dr
Mississauga, ON L5T