EVENT DATE: Nov 26, 2015
This Thanksgiving Day the Tallahassee Turkey Trot will celebrate its 40th anniversary, and we are expecting a record-breaking turnout! And we want to make sure that translates into more giving than ever for our organizations in the Tallahassee community that you help us support. Last year the weather was excellent and it was one the biggest Thanksgiving Day Celebrations yet – nearly 5800 runners crossed the finish line in the 2014 Tallahassee Turkey Trot!
They responded generously as more than $35,000 was donated to The Shelter, The Refuge House and the Boys and Girls Clubs of the Big Bend. Runners also brought nonperishable food items, clothes, toiletries and much more. They supported the Kent Vann Partners in Excellence Program in its efforts to reach out to our middle and elementary schools. Thank you! Thank you!
Every participant made this happen just by being part of the Tallahassee Turkey Trot – through your presence and your registration fees. But the needs of the children and adults being served through the Shelter, the Boys and Girls Club of the Big Bend and the Refuge House keep growing and Turkey Trot keeps looking for new ways to help. Last year we introduced our Super Friends Fundraising Challenge, withi both individual and team competition. We are really excited to bring this Fundraising Challenge back in 2015. The goal for our Turkey Trot Heroes and Super Friends is simple – raise more money than ever before!
One of Tallahassee's best in health and fitness, we have Just Get Fit CEO Alexis C. Gaston-Woodcock trottin' in for her second year to take charge of this program and take it to a new level. She is more than ready to answer your questions about the TT Heroes, Super Heroes and Super Friends!
Turkey Trot Super Friends - Individual and Team Fundraising Efforts.
If you want to be part of this great effort you are on the right page! The 2015 Thanksgiving Day Tallahassee Turkey Trot is excited to bring back its Super Friends Fundraising Challenge with Individual and Team Fund Raising Competition. With the support from our Turkey Trot Heroes and Super Heroes in years past, from those generously donating funds to The Shelter, The Refuge House, and The Boys and Girls Club of the Big Bend, we have realized that we as a community can do more to help those in need. With that said, let the competition BEGIN!
To get started make sure you register for the race first, by hitting the Register for Turkey Trot button above. When you are finishered registering you will be sent a link to set up your team or to contribute to the team. If you have already registered or don't want to register for the race then hit the Donate to a Fundraiser button and find your team in the drop down menu.
- Super Friends - Individual that raises the MOST money wins a GRAND PRIZE!
- ALL Super Friends - Individual raising $100 or more will receive a 2015 Tallahassee Turkey Trot commemorative gift.
Our Turkey Trot Super Friends - Teams have the opportunity to go out in the community and raise funds for any and all three of the supported Turkey Trot organizations.
- The Super Friends - The Team in each category that raises the MOST money wins a GRAND PRIZE as a Team!
- Those Super Friends - Teams raising $250 or more will receive 2015 Tallahassee Turkey Trot commemorative gift for the top five Team Members and an additional gift for each $100 raised.
Turkey Trot Heroes
Don’t care for all of that fundraising fun? Be a Turkey Trot Hero or Super Hero! Once again we are asking our Turkey Trot Heroes to donate $35 either to The Shelter, The Refuge House or the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Big Bend. Your entire donation will go directly to the cause you designate. Heroes will receive a special commemorative gift. As a Turkey Trot Hero, you will also receive a special gold star that you can proudly wear on your race bib on Thanksgiving Day! And if you want to reach for an even higher level of $50, you can be a Super Hero and receive two commemorative gifts. Most importantly, your generosity will make a difference in someone’s life. You will have the opportunity to become a Turkey Trot Hero during the registration process; however, if you are unable to attend, you may still contribute by mailing a check or contribute online (no additional processing fees) at Eventbrite.com.
Let's Continue Making a Positive Difference in Our Community
The Shelter, The Refuge House, and The Boys and Girls Club of the Big Bend have all benefited greatly from the support of the Turkey Trot Heroes and Super Heroes. We believe that joined by our Super Friends together as a community, we will "rock the trot" and break all of our giving records! You will make a difference, a POSITIVE difference in someone’s life!
Get Ready, Set, Go!
- DONATE to a fundraiser: is for those of you who are not interested in joining the Super Friends in fundraising but would like to donate to a specific Individual and/or Team raising funds. If you'd like to make a general donation (no specific individual/team you'd like to make a donation to), there is an option to do so. Click the "DONATE" button, and make your donation! Thank you for making a positive difference in our community! (NOTE: What is the "optional processing fee" that pops up when I'm ready to make my donation? Crowdrise adds this on to your donation amount. You have the option of declining this fee.)
- SET UP your fundraiser: once you're ready to begin fundraising either as an individual/team, click the "SET UP" button which will take you to "JOIN THE EVENT" ... Here you have two choices, JOIN A TEAM (here's where you can join your Super Friends Team of friends/family/co-workers that have already set up a Team-fundraising page) ...OR... START YOUR own fundraiser-Super Friends individual/Team page (click this button to begin the set up of your Super Friends Team) NOTE: when asked to please select an account type, as a NEW MEMBER of Crowdrise, choose Personal account.
- If your Super Friends Team has already been set up, click on the Team Name/Picture, at the bottom right side of the page, you will see a "Fundraise for this Campaign" button, click on. Sign Up for a Crowdrise Account to start Fundraising. NOTE: when asked to please select an account type, as a NEW MEMBER of Crowdrise, choose Personal account.
- After creating your fundraising page, a great next step would be to upload your own picture(s) and text to make your page more personalized. And, did you know that you can share your page with social medis via your MANAGE CAMPAIGN tab?
- Once you have set up your fundraising account/page, if you have not yet registered for the Gulf Winds Track Club's Tallahassee Turkey Trot, you can go back to the home page and click on the REGISTER button. This will take you to the registration page for the race.