Heart 2 Hart Detroit was started in June 2012 to help address the homeless problem in the Detroit Metropolitan area. Our vision is to lift up individuals in crisis, and help end homelessness. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, our team goes into the streets of Detroit, starting at Hart Plaza at noon, rain or shine, whether it's zero degrees or 100 and provide and distribute food, clothing, toiletries and helpful information to the homeless, and people in need, in the Detroit Metro area. We know their names, and their story and they know that we can be counted on to give them both nourishment and hope.
We liken ourselves to a modern "urban cavalry" that canvasses the streets and engages with people that others ignore. And after building relationships with these men and women, we then become an intermediary that connects them to the proper resource, whether its substance abuse treatment, housing needs, dental treatment, etc.
We don't skip days, and our people rely on us - and we won't let them down.
- Your $25 donation buys 10 lunches
- Your $50 donation buys 20 lunches
- Your $100 donation buys 20 lunches and 50 new pairs of socks
- Your $250 donation buys 50 lunches, 50 pairs of socks and 50 pair of new underwear
- Your $500 donation buys 80 lunches and 80 hygiene kits
- Your $1,000 donation buys 100 lunches, 100 new socks, 100 new t-shirts and 100 hygiene kits
In 2014 we distributed over 11,000 lunches.... 3,500 pairs of new socks and handwarmers...and over 1,000 each of new underwear, hygiene kits and shirts.
Heart 2 Hart Detroit