BENEFITING: Saint Louis, Habitat for Humanity
ORGANIZER: Saint Louis, Habitat for Humanity
EVENT: GO! for a Cause
EVENT DATE: Apr 15, 2012
Saint Louis, Habitat for Humanity wrote -
Support Habitat’s mission of ending substandard housing and homelessness by running or walking for Team Habitat at the GO! St. Louis Marathon and Family Fitness Weekend, April 14 – 15, 2012. You can participate in the Marathon, Half-Marathon, Marathon Relay, 5K Run/Walk and the Children’s Fun Run and the Mature Mile.
By joining Team Habitat, you will not only have an opportunity to reach a personal fitness goal, but you will also receive:
- Discounted registration fees
- Access to Team Habitat’s EXCLUSIVE training program, run by Personal Trainer Anika Porter
- A Team Habitat running shirt
- Invitation to a pre-race pasta party
- Opportunity to connect with and support fellow Habitat supporters and home buyers
Each member of Team Habitat is asked to not only help raise awareness for Habitat’s mission, but also the help raise funds. Team members are asked to raise a minimum of $200 each. Not sure how to raise the money? Don’t worry – we’ve got a whole list of ideas to get you started! Plus, you can make a personal fundraising page and make it easy for friends, family and co-workers support your efforts.
Ready to run (or walk) with Team Habitat?
1. Contact Katie Harder, Development Manager, at Katie@habitatstl.org to sign up!
- Upon receiving you commitment, we will e-mail you a registration link with a coupon code that will allow you to register for the non-profit rate on the GO! St. Louis website.
2. Register before 3/1/2012 (events may sell out prior to that date).
- Make sure to select Habitat for Humanity Saint Louis as your chosen charity team.
3. Set up your fundraising page off this Team Habitat for Humanity 2012 page!
- Click the “Join the Team” gray box on the right
- Create an account or log in with your Facebook information
- Personalize your page by uploading pictures and video
- Tell the story of why you are running for Team Habitat
- Share your link with family, friends, and co-workers and encourage them to support your efforts! In no time, you will raise the fundraising minimum of $200 for Team Habitat!
Have a few more questions before you are ready to commit?
JeffVanderLou children are participating in GO! Read, Right, & Run Marathon!
Here at Habitat for Humanity Saint Louis, we strive to staying connected to our homebuyers and to help create a neighborhood. This year we have joined in GO! Read, Right, & Run Marathon program that kicked off in October. The goal of the program is to develop reading-proficient, community-minded, and physically fit children by challenging them to read 26 books, do 26 rights of good deads, and run 26.2 miles over a six month period. This program lasts until April 14th, when the participants get to run their final 1.2 miles in Forest Park during Family Day. Last year this program had almost 3,000 participants and 11 of our JVL children chose to participate for our first year! To keep in touch with the progress of these children click on the stories below.
- JeffVanderLou children help the community during Thanksgiving!
- GO! Read, Right, & Run participants help out at the SLU Rooftop Reindeer 5K Run!
- GO! Read, Right, & Run participants learn the importance of fitness!