Simone Williams via Crowdrise
February 20, 2012
BENEFITING: Saint Louis, Habitat for Humanity
ORGANIZER: Saint Louis, Habitat for Humanity
EVENT: GO! for a Cause
EVENT DATE: Apr 15, 2012
Creating Hope by Building Homes
Habitat for Humanity Saint Louis is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing in St. Louis. This is accomplished by a comprehensive program that helps families who are determined to proactively better their lives by investing time and effort into actually building a home, owning a home, and becoming a contributing member of the community. This is the hope that Habitat for Humanity Saint Louis builds in the hearts of many deserving people.
Beyond our altruistic goals, Habitat for Humanity Saint Louis has a proven track record of fiscal responsibility, organizational efficiency, and non-profit management. The overarching goal is to aggressively keep up with the need for affordable housing. This goal is difficult and reliant upon funding from the private sector, as Habitat for Humanity Saint Louis does not receive any financial assistance in building our homes from Habitat for Humanity International or United Way.
Habitat for Humanity Saint Louis works in partnership with God and people everywhere from all walks of life. Its purpose is to develop communities with people in need by building houses so that there are decent houses in decent communities in which people can live and grow into all that God intended.
A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Saint Louis, Habitat for Humanity wrote -
Support Habitat’s mission of ending substandard housing and homelessness by running or walking for Team Habitat at the GO! St. Louis Marathon and Family Fitness Weekend, April 14 – 15, 2012. You can participate in the Marathon, Half-Marathon, Marathon Relay, 5K Run/Walk and the Children’s Fun Run and the Mature Mile.
By joining Team Habitat, you will not only have an opportunity to reach a personal fitness goal, but you will also receive:
- Discounted registration fees
- Access to Team Habitat’s EXCLUSIVE training program, run by Personal Trainer Anika Porter
- A Team Habitat running shirt
- Invitation to a pre-race pasta party
- Opportunity to connect with and support fellow Habitat supporters and home buyers
Each member of Team Habitat is asked to not only help raise awareness for Habitat’s mission, but also the help raise funds. Team members are asked to raise a minimum of $200 each. Not sure how to raise the money? Don’t worry – we’ve got a whole list of ideas to get you started! Plus, you can make a personal fundraising page and make it easy for friends, family and co-workers support your efforts.
Ready to run (or walk) with Team Habitat?
1. Contact Katie Harder, Development Manager, at Katie@habitatstl.org to sign up!
- Upon receiving you commitment, we will e-mail you a registration link with a coupon code that will allow you to register for the non-profit rate on the GO! St. Louis website.
2. Register before 3/1/2012 (events may sell out prior to that date).
- Make sure to select Habitat for Humanity Saint Louis as your chosen charity team.
3. Set up your fundraising page off this Team Habitat for Humanity 2012 page!
- Click the “Join the Team” gray box on the right
- Create an account or log in with your Facebook information
- Personalize your page by uploading pictures and video
- Tell the story of why you are running for Team Habitat
- Share your link with family, friends, and co-workers and encourage them to support your efforts! In no time, you will raise the fundraising minimum of $200 for Team Habitat!
Have a few more questions before you are ready to commit?