With a primary focus in the Summit-University area, Hallie Q. Brown Community Center successfully operates a wide variety of programs, which specifically address the critical needs of community residents.
We believe an ideal community center is one where community members of all ages, abilities, races, cultures, and economic levels:
- Are recognized as valuable assets.
- Experience a safe and productive environment.
- Have opportunities to contribute to the Center and expand their talents and knowledge.
- Have access to a full spectrum of services, including social, emotional, educational, and recreational opportunities appropriate to their unique needs and interests.
- Are linked to the community’s heritage and history.
- Are involved in intergenerational and cross-cultural experiences that enrich and strengthen the community as well as benefit individuals and families.