BENEFITING: Girls on the Run - Chicago
EVENT: GOTR Chicago 5K - 2018
EVENT DATE: May 12, 2018
DAYS TO GO: 18
Hey everyone! This past semester at my CPS, Hanson Park Elementary, I have been volunteering as a coach for Girls on the Run. I have had so much fun implementing the program at my school and creating relationships with students outside of the classroom. The girls are looking forward to their 5K event on May 20th!
I created this page as a way to give to GOTR even more and would love your support! For anyone not familiar with Girls on the Run, Girls on the Run (GOTR) is an afterschool program, for girls ages 8-14, that transforms the way girls see themselves and their opportunities. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment, while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness.
The mission is achieved by volunteer coaches who meet with the girls as a team twice per week for 10 weeks as they complete the curriculum which creatively integrates running, goal-setting and training for a non-competitive 5k running event with interactive lessons that encourage positive social-emotional and physical development among participants.
With no city, state or federal funding, GOTR relies entirely on support from generous community partners, volunteers and donors to sustain this life-changing programming. Approximately 85% of girls request and receive financial assistance to participate and to date and GOTR has never needed to turn away a girl from the program because of her family’s financial situation. To be sure that every girl has the opportunity to participate in this life-changing program, I have a goal to raise $300!
All funds raised will go to underwrite scholarship funds so that every girl has the chance to learn that she can do anything she sets her mind to!
Every donation has a huge impact!
- $10 covers the cost of healthy snacks for one girl
- $50 covers the cost of the community impact project for one team
- $175 covers the cost of one girl to participate in the program for one season
- $282 covers the cost of curriculum materials for 2 teams
- $350 covers the cost of one girl to participate in the program for both Spring and Fall seasons
- $525 covers the cost of journals for 350 Heart & Sole participants
- $796 covers the cost of training 20 new coaches
- $1,003 covers the cost of finisher medals for 850 girls
- $1,500 covers the cost of healthy snacks for 10 teams of 15 girls
- $2,355 covers the cost to implement the program at one new low-income site
I sincerely appreciate your help with this effort! Together, we can help create a world of healthy, happy, active girls who know that anything is possible! If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to me or call the GOTR office at 773-342-1250.