June 01, 2017
BENEFITING: Harbor Humane Society
Harbor Humane Society was founded in 1956 as Ottawa Shores Humane Society. Harbor Humane Society’s mission is to provide a safe harbor for animals entrusted to our care as we strive to secure their future through our outreach and educational programs. We proudly maintain the highest standards of care for each individual animal that comes through our door.
Harbor Humane Society is primarily funded through generous donors and a government contract with Ottawa County. As Ottawa County’s only animal shelter Harbor Humane Society plays an essential in our community.
In the 2016 calendar year, Harbor Humane Society took in 2,102 animals with 80% of those animals being strays. 1,352 cats, 730 dogs, 6 degus, 5 bunnies, 4 guinea pigs, 2 rats, and 2 birds ended up at Harbor Humane Society last year. Though, 80% of the animals come in as strays only 20% of our funding comes from the county contract. The majority of our funding comes from individual donors.
What your donation will do:
- $20 will house a healthy animal for one day
- $50 will purchase flea and tick prevention for 6 cats.
- $100 will purchase vaccines for 4 dogs.
- $250 will purchase for 176 pounds of cat food or 390 pounds of dog food.
- $300 will spay or neuter approximately 8 animals.