BENEFITING: Urban Initiatives
On June 6th, Urban Initiatives will hold its 3rd Annual Work to Play Cup, a huge, friendly soccer tournament featuring 1,100 K-8th grade children from 29 of Chicago's most underserved communities.
Harper families and friends are invited to support the K-4th grade soccer players from Little Village Academy at the Work to Play Cup. Team Sponsorships are $3,000. Please consider donating today!
About Little Village Academy:
- Little Village Academy joined Urban Initiatives’ Work to Play program in the spring of 2013.
- Located in the Little Village neighborhood in Chicago and has 899 students.
- 99% of the school population is hispanic. 99% come from low-income households.
- Many of the children at Little Village have to deal with their school sitting on the dividing line between two gangs in their community as they go to and from school each day.
- Work to Play practices are held before school at Little Village Academy. Each morning every soccer player comes in and says, “Good morning,” to each of their teammates and coaches. They do this not because it is the polite thing to do, but because it is a promise to have a good morning at practice and at school by showing each other respect.