BENEFITING: Brigance Brigade Foundation Inc
Imagine you woke up and could not speak, move, breathe or swallow on your own.
- Who would take care of you?
- Would you be able to work?
- Could you get out of your home in a wheelchair?
- What happens to your breathing machine when the power goes out?
- How much would your survival cost?
These are all problems that a family must solve when a loved one is battling ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease).
The Brigance Brigade Foundation equips, encourages and empowers those battling ALS. Our hope and help supports families across the nation with items such as:
-funding for in-home caregiving so family ALS caregivers can go to work, go to their own doctor's appointment, or have an outing with a friend;
-co-pay for an eye-gaze communication device so those with ALS can communicate with loved ones, peers, colleagues, and caregivers;
-medication co-pays for the only medication approved to treat ALS, which can cost families up to $500/month if they hit the Medicare "donut hole"... and more.
We challenge YOU to raise just $500 per team. Those who raise the most win bragging rights and a prize.
Some quick math:
- $500/team and 44 teams participating = $22,000 goal!
- When divided up between 44 teams participating in this fabulous tournament, is just $20-25/family.
- $22,000 will pay for 3 months of in-home respite caregiving for 3 families; for medication co-pays for an additional (estimated) 3 famililes; and for the co-pay for an eye-gaze communciation device for 2 more families.
Support at this level will have a tremendous impact on those served by the Foundation. Participating players and teams will truly give the gift of CARE to those in need.
The Brigance Brigade Foundation is proud to be one of the only ALS organizations that supports families RIGHT NOW with things they need to live independent lives with dignity. Thank you in advance for giving the gift of care.
The Big12 Lacrosse Fall Invitational and fundraiser would not be possible without the generous, fantastic support of the Rock Lacrosse team. Rock Lacrosse: Thank You from the bottom of our hearts for all that you are doing to help the ALS community. -The Brigance Brigade Foundation team