Ally Tufenkjian via Crowdrise
January 01, 2016
BENEFITING: THE NEW SCHOOL
This fall, HealthClass2.0 celebrates FOUR YEARS of providing experiential fitness and nutrition education to under-resourced New York City communities. This Tuesday, December 1st marks our 4th Annual #GivingTuesday fundraiser...and we need your help!
Your contribution will a) support logistical costs so we can continue serving our existing school partners and b) create possibilities for new partnerships and outreach. A little goes a long way:
- $60 covers a leader's travel costs for a semester
- $250 trains a new college leader
- $500 covers half of a semester's worth of healthy snacks
- $1000 funds a team of leaders in one school
Additionally, thanks to the generous support of Dropbox, we will enter those that donate $25 or more into a raffle for storage space of up to 25GB!
- $25 = a chance to win 1GB
- $50 = a chance to win 5GB
- $75 = a chance to win 10GB
- $100 = a chance to win 15GB
- $125 = a chance to win 25GB
Donations can be made from now until December 31st, 2015. We are grateful for any amount you can give!
**For corporate matching purposes, reference the New School University and tax EIN number 13-3297197**
ABOUT: HealthClass2.0 is a 501(c)(3) under the New School University that empowers New School college leaders, New York City schoolchildren, and their communities to engage in new conversations about health, food, and exercise. The program offers young people opportunities to improve their overall wellness, self-esteem, and critical thinking skills through exploring healthy eating, exercise, and mindfulness. By considering the systemic factors that have helped create the interconnected poverty and obesity epidemics, young people also learn how to shift the societal structures which limit people’s ability to make such choices today.
Each session is developed around a particular theme, but in all sessions participants:
- EXERCISE with a high-energy intenSati workout that combines cardio-aerobic movement and spoken affirmations.
- EAT a healthful, locally-sourced snack provided by food donors such as KIND Snacks and Health Warrior.
- ENGAGE in a thoughtful discussion of the food they are eating and the connection between their personal choices and their potential to change their own communities.
For more information, visit http://www.healthclass.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The HealthClass2.0 Team