I am an advocate of healthy living and I am fighting the childhood obesity epidemic by raising money for the Alliance for a Healthier Generation, whose mission is to reduce the nationwide prevalance of childhood obesity and to empower kids to make healthy lifestyle choices.
In case you didn't know...
- About one in three children and youth (ages 2-19) in the United States is already overweight or obese?
- Health experts predict the medical cost of obesity on the healthcare system will reach $1 trillion annually by 2030?
- Today’s kids could be the first generation to live shorter lives than their parents?
President Clinton has said that the Alliance’s Healthy Schools Program is "one of the most extensive childhood obesity prevention efforts anywhere in our country and anywhere in the world." Check out what the Alliance has accomplished so far in just five short years...
- The Healthy Schools Program has helped nearly 80 percent of schools participating in the Healthy Schools Program (11,000+) implement new, health-promoting policy and systems changes
- The Industry Initiative has convened 13 leading food manufacturers and purchasing organizations to make products for healthier school meals more affordable and available to more than 36 million students.
- The Kids’ Movement has built the capacity of more than 400 local afterschool programs and community-based organizations to offer health education and leadership programs
- The Alliance School Beverage Agreement has led to an 88 percent reduction in total beverage calories shipped to U.S. schools between 2004 and 2009.
- The Alliance Healthcare Initiative has led to more than 2 million children gaining access to preventative health benefits.
- The Alliance has been chosen as one of the top ten charities in the child health/nutrition space by Philanthropedia.
- The Alliance is one of six founding members of First Lady Obama’s Let’s Move Initiative
If you would like to see how the Alliance has made an impact in your community, check out our online searchable archive of success stories by clicking here.
I'm doing my best to make a difference by supporting the Alliance and I encourage you to get involved too.
CR Impact Points
Click the VOTE button to give HealthyLinny 100 CrowdRise Impact Points (CIPs). Vote for the Volunteers and Fundraisers that are answering the call to service, raising money for charity, and making an impact for their causes. Come back and Vote every months. CIPs can earn you the highly coveted, highly respected CrowdRise Royalty Status.
CR Impact Points
If you're seeing the grey VOTE button, you should feel great about yourself. It means you already voted for HealthyLinny this month. Come back next month and vote again if you still love HealthyLinny. Thanks to your vote, HealthyLinny earned 100 CrowdRise Impact Points (CIPs). CIPs can earn you the highly coveted, highly respected CrowdRise Royalty Status.