BENEFITING: Susan G. Komen New England
EVENT DATE: Jun 06, 2015
It's so hard for me to believe that it has been almost six years since my surgery. A surgery that changed my life for the better. I appreciate every minute of every day and all the wonderful people in my life. I am a very lucky woman to have caught this monster that invaded my body in its early stages. It's almost time for my yearly mammogram and I already have that worried feeling. I wonder if that will ever change?
I have met newfriends as I helped them through their treatments and Thank God most stories have had successful endings. I lost a very important friend in my life two years ago on May 15th and that also has changed my life for ever. NO ONE should have to go thru the pain that she experienced even thou she did so with such dignity. I love you Michele Philipp. It is so alarming to me how many people I know that have been impacted by this monster. I personally will never allow it back in my body! The time to find a cure is now! If possible I would appeciate your support or at least your prayers
Thank you and God Bless!
Why is it so important? We were astounded to learn that Connecticut has the HIGHEST incidence of breast cancer in the United States, with over 3,000 Connecticut women diagnosed annually!
Where does your donation go? 75% of the funds raised remain in Connecticut and are invested in local breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs across the state. The remaining 25% is invested in national research to find the causes and cures for breast cancer. None of these funds support Komen National.
Through funds raised by Race participants, Komen Connecticut has contributed to funding more than $23 million in breast cancer research, local education, screening and treatment
Please consider joining and/or donating to our team and together we can help save lives and find the cure to end breast cancer forever. No donation is too small as every dollar makes a difference.
We thank you for your friendship, love and support!