Helmut Engelbrecht wrote -
1 Day. 100 Miles. 1 Cause.
100 Miles for EMpower is a 1-day, 100-mile cycling event bringing together participants from NYC to Boston for a ride starting in CT and ending in RI on September 19th, 2015.
Sponsored by Standard, 100 Miles for EMpower will support EMpower - The Emerging Markets Foundation, a global foundation focused on changing the lives of at-risk youth in Emerging Market countries around the word.
EMpower supports local organizations in 15 Emerging Market countries that provide at-risk youth, facing challenges such as lack of education and employment opportunities, trafficking, HIV/AIDS, violence and abuse or early marriage, with the tools and resources they need to lead healthy, productive lives.
To date, EMpower has directly impacted the lives of over 170,000 young people and touched over 620,000 lives through programs in education, health and wellbeing and livelihoods. Join us in making an impact - thanks to the generosity of Standard and our underwriters, 100% of your donation goes directly to helping at-risk young people. Join the ride, or donate to our teams today!
Minimum Fundraising Commitment: Each rider must commit to raise $2000 for Empower, or $10,000 per team of 5 riders
1. Three groups on the ride. Green, blue and black.
- Green – Moderate. Riders must be able to average 11-13 mph over 100 miles.
- Blue – Intermediate. Riders must be able to average 14-16 mph over 100 miles.
- Black – Advanced. Riders must be able to average 17 mph + over 100 miles.
2. Max 15 riders per group. We would encourage teams of 5 riders from each bank, asset manager, broker – 1st come 1st serve
3. Each team would be accompanied by a professional cycling coach. Three coaches per group, nine coaches total. Coaches will be led by 2-time USA National Duathlon Champion and 2011 winner of the World Duathlon race, Eneas Freyre of Total Training & Endurance. This is a guided 100 mile tour by a professional cycling coach. There will not be road markings, and teams will be encouraged to stay together with their coach, creating a competitive and fun ride with each team comprising similar strength riders.
4. Support cars on the road. Support cars will provide mechanical and backup support should a rider not be able to compete the 100 miles.
Want to join the ride? Create your fundraising team page now!
Questions? Please call (212) 608-4455 or email Kayla at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about EMpower and our mission, click here.