EVENT DATE: Sep 24, 2016
Fight genetic (Type 1) diabetes! On September 24th, I will conclude a year long goal of finishing 4 endurance events in Sweden (a Swedish Klassiker). This milestone represents the third event I will be partaking in, each supporting a different charity.
I will match all donations to diabetes in my other charity drive for medical and educational supplies to developing and distressed countries until the goal of USD 300 is reached.
In 2016 I decided to try to complete a series of athletic events, a "Swedish Klassiker". But I'd like to use this opportunity to add a charitable cause to my work, and I want to encourage you to donate to one or all of the 5 different medically oriented and international relief oriented charities I will also support and contribute to:
- Vansbrosimning (3 km swimming) - Cancer research via Concern Foundation - Website
- Lidingöloppet (30 km running) - Medical and educational supplies to needy and disaster areas via Brother's Brother Foundation - Website
- En Svensk Klassiker (Completion of all 4 events in 2016) - Type 1 diabetes research via JDRF - Website
- Vasaloppet (90 km cross country skiing in 2017) - Refugee support via International Rescue Committee - Website
- Vätternrundan (300 km biking in 2017) - Sustainable growth and environmental protection via World Resources Institute - Website
Help me add a meaning to my efforts than I could ever achieve otherwise. My fundraising goals are modest, but donations do not need to be! Can't decide on a single event/charity? Contribute a smaller amount to each! Every donation makes a difference.