BENEFITING: SoulPaws Recovery Project, Inc.
SAVE HUMAN AND ANIMAL LIVES!
Eating disorders, which have the highest mortality rate of any mental illness, impact more than thirty million Americans of all ages and backgrounds. Yet nine out of ten people struggling with clinically significant eating disorders never ask for help. Why?
1) Eating disorder treatment is costly and therefore inaccessible to the average American.
2) Eating disorders thrive in shame and isolation, making it difficult for sufferers to honestly share about the struggle.
SoulPaws is a 501C3 nonprofit organization dedicated to offering free holistic and therapeutic support to sufferers of eating disorders, while also rescuing shelter animals. Our programming includes free animal-assisted therapy (utilizing certified therapy dogs and rescue animals), journaling therapy, meditation, yoga, and art therapy. By creating a free and easily accessable therapeutic community, SoulPaws directly combats the shame and secrecy so inherent in anorexia, bulimia, binge-eating disorder, and OSFED.
SoulPaws is currently trying to raise funds to expand our programming and impact! Your tax-deductible donation will help us to:
1) Travel to schools and eating disorder treatment centers with our animal-assisted therapy team.
2) Offer online animal-assisted therapy and holistic workshops.
3) Supply workshops with dog beds, treats, and toys, as well as journals for participants.
Every little bit counts! Thank you for your support!