Skip to content
younglynnallum's profile image - click for profile

Younglynn Allum's Fundraiser:

Help with medical fees

Younglynn's Photo
Younglynn's Photo
Younglynn's Photo

BENEFITING:

Younglynn Allum

THE STORY:

Hello, my name is Younglynn. 10 years ago I was diagnosed with Degenerative Disc Disease which resulted in 2 laminectomies, a spinal fusion from my T3-S1 and a neurostimlator installed attached to my spine to send electrical impulses through parts of my body that suffered from extreme nerve damage. I have 2 titanium cages and 8 screws in my spine. I have undergone at least a dozen out patient procedures including having the ends of my nerves burnt to hopefully stop the nerves from causing more pain. I am on disability and Medicare which only covers 80% of my physicians bills and I am at a point to where all they can do is try to push more pills onto me which I do not want. The medications they provided me with has done damage to to my gastrointestinal system causing gastroparesis (hard to digest foods) which can cause me to become violently ill which in turn causes inflammation in my back. The pain causes depression and vice versa which results in a never ending cycle. On top on this, I also have been diagnosed with Chiari Malformation and Peripheral Neuropathy. The only way to describe the pain from the neuropathy is to imagine your leg being wrapped in razorwire wire with electricity running through it while set on fire...no exaggeration. My daughter has done everything to help me but in the end, she will always come first. She is in college and working which means that I have to pick up the slack in the housekeeping and other chores, which I normally wouldn't mind if it wasn't for the fact that I have to take a break every 10 minutes due to the pain. I don't wish to be a burden on my children or anyone else at that. I am asking for this assistance because I need to see a specialist but my insurance will only cover the 80% and I need to find a way to pay the other 20% and with my disability, the costs of co-pays, deductibles, bills and child support for my son, I am unable to afford this. My appointment is in a little over a month with the Florida Spine Institute located in Clearwater FL. I have needed this appointment for months and have exhausted all options in obtaining the money needed and feel really horrible that I must resort to asking for help but as they say, desperate times call for desperate measures. If you can find it in your heart (s) to assist me on this journey of healing, it would be greatly appreciated by not only myself but to my children who have had to stand by and watch their mother suffer with her limitations and everything that comes with those limits. Thank you for taking the time to read this

$0

MONEY RAISED
  •  
  •  
  •  

Fundraise for this Campaign

The Team: $0 TOTAL RAISED SO FAR

JOIN THE TEAM

Want to help Fundraise or Volunteer for this amazing Fundraiser? Join the Team

Donor Comments

Younglynn is working on selecting a charity so you can support Help with medical fees .