Help for The Burton Family
Organized by: Jen Brauer
The Burtons and their five children lost almost everything in two house fires on February 26, 2016, in Fairfax County, Virginia.
The first fire began early on Friday, when the family was out of the house. Jeremy was at the bus stop with his son, when he saw emergency vehicles head toward his home. A good Samaritan on the road behind their home had seen smoke coming from the windows, and called 911. By the time he returned, firefighters were already working on dousing the flames. They believe the second fire may have been caused by some still-smoldering insulation in the attic, and firefighters were soon back on the scene.
The first fire was bad, but the second fire was devastating. Very little can be salvaged. The family is so thankful to be alive -- even their dogs are safe! But The Burtons need our help while they work through this shock and rebuild their home. Please join us in assisting this generous and loving family.
Jen (friend of the family)