Morgan Rich via Crowdrise
November 04, 2011
FRIENDS OF BETHANY HAMILTON INC wrote -
Our goal through the end of 2011 is to raise funds in order to:
• improve, continue to create & send Encouragement Packages to recent amputees and shark attack survivors.
• give back locally to our community by providing Educational Scholarships to one student athlete from each high school on Kauai.
• provide Medical Scholarships to an amputee who needs help funding a prosthesis.
• continue to encourage others through inspiring stories like "Soul Surfer" Bethany Hamilton's.
• pursue our foundation's future goals (such as creating inspirational videos, hosting surf camps for amputees, etc)
People who survive throughout their whole life with all their limbs are very lucky. There are many cases, such as Bethany Hamilton, who are faced with a setback in life. At first, loosing a limb seems like the ending point. By raising money for those who have been attacked by sharks and survived, we are allowing them to continue to live life and believe they are capable to do what we are and beyond. Please help and donate money and help us help others. The money will be used for the following listed above. God did not put us on earth to care for ourselves but to care for others, which is where we truly receive the ultimate good.