Tax ID: 27-1292581
BASED: Los Angeles, CA, United States
CHARITY WEBSITE: www.mosctha.org
Support our mission by creating your own fundraiser.
Since 1985, we have and continue to:
* To promote the education and defense of the human rights.
* To foster entrepreneurial development, (job opportunities) through educating and training: alternative agricultural, access to microcredit, and management of microenterprises.
* To develop medical care and comprehensive health programs in shanty towns and border areas.
* To educate communities how to launch and maintain healthier environments furthering the access to clean water.
* To lead programs empowering communities with the skills to needed to promote community organization, management and leadership and to address social issues including family planning, domestic violence, and gender equality.
In 2005, MOSCTHA committed to providing quality healthcare with love. We opened our doors to the Integral Health Center, “Solidarity,” providing the most vulnerable populations with comprehensive health services with the highest level of quality in a timely and efficient manner that help improve the quality of life for our target population.
MOSCTHA in Haiti:
January 12, 2011 will mark the one-year anniversary of the catastrophic 7.0 earthquake that devastated Haiti, leaving an estimated 230,000 people dead, 300,000 injured and over 1,000,000 homeless.
MOSCTHA was one of the first organizations providing emergency and relief work on the ground after the earthquake hit. Building on our established infrastructure and relationships, with 50 Haitian-Dominican staff members and 125 volunteers working in Haiti, MOSCTHA has been able to reach more than 60 of the hardest hit areas, providing relief to more than 80,000 Haitians.
“Stop Indifference. Show Love.” is MOSCTHA's next mission to commemorate the one-year anniversary of the earthquake and reveal the current situation in Haiti. The campaign aims to inspire action that will create concrete and sustainable results. In addition to raising awareness about the reality in Haiti, the campaign will mobilize action during the 30 days leading up to Valentine’s Day. With an estimated 15 million “e-cards” sent within the US last year, MOSCTHA challenges Americans to celebrate this year’s Valentine’s Day by donating to MOSCTHA’s campaign. “Do something that matters. Stop indifference. Show love.”
“Not many people outside of Haiti know what’s really going on there,” says campaign co-director Alison Désir. “After seeing the situation first hand, we felt we had a moral imperative to provide Haitian people an opportunity to tell their own stories and offer their suggestions and solutions.”
To show your love we humbly ask that you join us in listening to what the people of Haiti have to say and make a donation which will allow for their voices be heard.