Help Our Girls Prep Pep Squad Raise $4K in 90 days!!
Organized by: Kristine Ferreira
EVENT DATE Mar 01, 2016
Since my first days teaching physical education at Girls Prep Lower East Side Middle School I noticed the tremendous interest our young ladies have for gymnastics and dance therefore I knew my background in competitive cheerleading could be put to great use.
It is our third year exposing our scholars to the sport. In the previous years, I taught the sport as an enrichment class on a trimester basis but this year our team attended try-outs and is committed to a full year of practice to cheer on our basketball team, demonstrate school spirit, and showcase performances during special events. My team has also expressed their eagerness to attend local competitions, attend gymnastics sessions, and cheerleading camp.
As the girls continue to grow and develop a deeper commitment to scholarship and athletics, I have a goal to fundraise enough money to purchase the following to enhance their experience:
1. *New* Girls Prep uniforms (our old ones are outdated and not all sizes fit our new group of scholars) Package comes with top, bottom, poms, bow, socks, and sneakers.
2. Practice wear: two t-shirt tops and two soffee short bottoms
3. Travel duffle bags
4. Additional Gymnastics Mats
Our goal is to raise $4,000 in 60 days to purchase these items for the girls and school. At the end of the season, the uniforms and equipment will be donated to the school. Any additional funds will go toward registration fees, spirit fan gear, gymnastics training equipment throughout their season.
Here is what you can earn when donating!
• All donations of $50 or more will receive a special gift from one of our scholar-cheerleaders.
• All donations of $100 or more will receive a special gift from one of our scholar-cheerleaders AND a Spirit Super-Fan Item!
If you're in any athletics or education circles or know some people who just love donating to great causes for female youth, I encourage you to spread the word!
Go Girls Prep!!