Maggie Hott via Crowdrise
May 31, 2012
BENEFITING: WILLITS HOSPITAL INC.
EVENT DATE: Aug 18, 2012
This year, as I compete in the 2012 Olympic Distance National Championship in Burlington, VT on August 18th/19th, I'll be reaching out to all my amazing family and friends in an effort to raise awareness and money for the Malawi Orphans.
It's never been easier to get involved and help make a difference. Just imagine the impact we can have when harnessed to give back in a fun and compelling way!
The Tiwovyepo Orphan Project is a cause that is near and dear to mine and my family's heart. The mission of this project is to provide sustainable aid to disadvantaged orphans, in Dzaone, Zomba District of Malawi.
CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON OR GO ONE STEP FURTHER AND HELP ME FUNDRAISE BY CLICKING THE JOIN THE TEAM BUTTON.
For the full story of Josephine Makunje, a widowed farmer in Malawi, Africa who cared for and supported Malawi Orphans and the start of the Tiwovyepo Orphan Project, CLICK HERE.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
Our biggest need is to keep the children in school as long as possible.
- $100 will cover Secondary School expenses for one student for a year at a local government school
- $150 will cover Secondary School expenses for one student for a year at a local private school
- $300 will cover Secondary School expenses for one student for a year at a boarding school
- This covers fees, school supplies, uniforms if required and transportation.
- $40 will cover Elementary School expenses for one student for a year, including school supplies
If you are interested in sponsoring a specific student for a year, we can provide some information on their interests and career hopes and a picture. They are happy to correspond with you and share their experiences. They also appreciate any mentoring in their area of interest, such as teaching, nursing, law enforcement, and accounting.
Other Tiwovyepo Orphan Project expenses provide a monthly meal, used clothing, fertilizer and seed for corn, basic necessities such as soap, salt, toothpaste, blankets, etc. See our buget for more specifics.
Thank you for supporting the Malawi Orphans!