Help us come home Hurricane Sandy Relief
Organized by: Stephanie Faycik
Stephanie Faycik via Crowdrise
September 27, 2014
We lost our home to Hurricane Sandy, and spent several weeks in shelters. During that time we were told that if we moved out of state, we would receive help from Red Cross, FEMA, Salvation Army, Catholic Charities, etc.. When we arrived in Florida and called for help, they refused.
We've been stuck in Florida for over a year and still haven't received the help we were promised. Every little thing since we moved to Florida has been a struggle, and we can't afford to stay any longer. My mother needs the medical care she was getting in NJ and is not getting in FL, and my son needs the Autism supports he was getting in NJ and that FL refuses to provide.
We don't have the means to return to NJ on our own. We need to raise funds to cover the costs of moving, storage, transportation, and a temporary place to stay. We just need a little help from you to get there. Your donation of $20.00 or more will help us move forward and recover from the devastating losses we've suffered over the past 22 months.
Our estimated costs are:
- Moving and Storage: $1778.00 (Pd. $657.00, still need $1121.00)
- Gas & Tolls: Approx. $250.00
- Motels during travel: $360.00
- Minor car repairs prior to leaving: $135.27 (Pd. in full. I'm looking at an additional $1,000 in other repairs when I get back to NJ.)
- Temporary Housing (at least 30 days in a NJ motel): $3000.00 (Unspent donations towards temporary housing will be refunded or paid forward to a Sandy family in need once we find a place to live.)
Apologies that we don't do Facebook, but you can find me on Google+ as +BettiePageGaming and Twitter as @_BettiePage.
We appreciate your time and consideration. Thank You.
If you would like to read a detailed account of what we have been through, follow this >>> link <<<.