BENEFITING: Henry Street Settlement
ORGANIZER: Henry Street Settlement
Henry Street Settlement wrote -
Henry Street Settlement serves over 60,000 New Yorkers a year through social services, healthcare and the arts. Donate now and help us continue to open doors of opportunities for those in our community.
Here's a quick glimpse at Henry Street's impact in 2016 --
- We served 529,596 meals to seniors in our senior center and through our Meals on Wheels program (one of the biggest in the five boroughs!)
- We housed 1,583 individuals in our shelters and helped 418 of our residents move into permanent housing
- We helped 640 adults find new jobs through our employment services that provide interview prep, resume workshops, ESL classes and more
- We helped the students in our college success program send out 886 college applications. 100% of our students were accepted to college last year, and we hope to meet that record again this year!
- We provided 2,767 public school children with arts instruction through our arts-in-schools program
- We secured $3,382,715 in public benefits for low income households
Your donation will help us make an even greater impact this year. If you'd like to learn more about the work that we do, head over to henrystreet.org.