BENEFITING: Sangha Studio Inc
EVENT DATE: Jan 07, 2017
here to be: YOGATHON — a benefit for Sangha Studio
Saturday, January 7th, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Hilton Burlington, 60 Battery Street, Burlington
Sangha Studio is a nonprofit, donation-based studio in downtown Burlington. We currently offer yoga service programs to amazing organizations in our community. What does that mean? It means that on a weekly basis, we send teachers to community centers, schools and nonprofits to teach free yoga classes to people who wouldn’t practice otherwise. We would love to increase our community outreach — but we need your help!
We're teaming up with lululemon athletica to organize here to be. A 12-hour yogathon with intention. All funds raised at the event will benefit Sangha’s outreach programs!
How Does it Work?
Step 1: Register
- Teams can consist of 1-6 people.
- Registration fee: $20 in advance // $35 at the door.
- Click here to register.
Step 2: Start fundraising
- Visit crowdrise.com to set up your individual fundraising page. It's an easy way to ask your friends and family for a donation. You can start your own team, join a team or fly solo — it's up to you.
- All participants are required to raise $50 before 8 a.m. on January 7.
- Additional fundraising can be submitted via cash, check, or credit card the day of the event.
- Note: Donors can receive a receipt for their tax-deductible contribution upon request.
- The individual that raises the most money will win a year-long membership to Sangha Studio, a 3mm lululemon athletica yoga mat, and an overnight stay at the Hilton.
- The team that raises the most money will each win a group fit session at lululemon and a two month membership at Sangha Studio.
- All teams that collectively raise $150 or more, each team member receives complimentary lululemon swag (trust us, you'll want it!).
Step 3: Yoga, yoga, yoga!
- Expect 12 hours of yoga and meditation, of all different styles, from many teachers in our community.
- At all times, a minimum of 1 team member must be on their mat.
- There will be prizes and special giveaways throughout the day to keep up your enthusiasm!
Q: I'm a yoga teacher. Can I teach or assist a class?
A: Of course! Email Kierstin at email@example.com to get involved!
Q: I'm with a local business and would like to donate food and/or a prize to give away. Who do I contact?
A: Amazing and thank you! Email Kierstin at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate.
Q: Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
A: Nope! We welcome everyone.
Q: What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
A: Public parking garages are located within a 10-minute walk. Off-street metered parking and free neighborhood parking is also located within a 10-minute walk.
Q: What should I bring?
A: Please bring any additional fundraising dollars you have collected and not yet turned in. lululemon athletica mat’s will be provided to use during the event. Various props will be available as well, though you are welcome to bring whatever props you would like.
Q: Can I bring food with me? Will food be available?
A: Outside food and alcohol cannot be brought on site. There is an onsite restaurant where food can be purchased and there will be food giveaways and catered light snacks during the event.
Q: Can I update my registration information?
A: Yup! Just email Sangha Studio at email@example.com or Kierstin Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org with any changes you would like to make.
Q: Will there be water and medical service available?
A: Yes, water will be available in the yoga room. Medical staff will be on-site for those who need any assistance throughout the event. Any volunteer can help put you in contact with medical personnel.
Q: I want to help raise funds but can't make the event. What else can I do?
A: Yes! You can mail donations to Sangha Studio at 120 Pine Street, Burlington VT 05401 or contact us at email@example.com or 802-448-4262 to make a donation via credit card. You can also donate to a team here at crowdrise.com.
Q: Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
A: here to be: YOGATHON is being coordinated by lululemon athletica Burlington and Sangha Studio. For questions about teaching or assisting a class at here to be: YOGATHON, product donations, or food donations email Kierstin Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org. For registration questions, donations, to volunteer at the event, and all other questions email Sangha Studio at email@example.com.