FREEDOM FLYERS wrote -
Pecos Bill Freedom Flyers wrote -
- Quinn Thorne and his brother Brayden, with the support of their parents, are on a mission to honor our nation's veterans and keep their stories alive well into the future.
- Quinn is the youngest member of the Tuskegee Airmen, Inc. and the only delegate for the state of Idaho.
- One of Quinn’s best friends is the late Dr. Calvin J. Spann. He spoke at Mr. Spann’s memorial service. “I’ve known him for four years, and for four years he has been my best friend” he said “He will always be in my heart and in Heaven”. When Quinn learned of his friends passing he hung his head and sobbed, then looked up at his father and said “Daddy, I don’t want anymore Airmen to die because I haven’t learned their stories yet.”
- In December, 2013 the Freedom Flyers flew the P-51 “Pecos Bill” over the Duck Commander Bowl Game in honor of the Airmen. During our time in Shreveport for this flyover, we had the honor of spending three days with Mr. Spann and speaking with him and other Airmen. We asked him about young Quinn and his face lit up with a big smile and he said: “He’s my friend.”
- Quinn and his brother Brayden are well known in their community for making sure they thank every Veteran they meet, even in their day to day lives. The more we heard about this family and Quinn, we knew we wanted to thank them for everything they have done. We also knew we wanted to honor them in a big way!
- In December, 2015 Freedom Flyers reached out to Quinn’s father and told him that we wanted to bring the family to Texas and give the boy’s the opportunity to take a flight in a real WWII P-51 Mustang. He was a bit surprised by our offer, but after getting to know each other he knew we truly wanted to make this happen.
- The cost of the P-51 flight has been covered, but we need your help to get the family here to Texas. We are raising funds to cover the cost of airline tickets for the family, from Idaho to DFW International Airport, a rental car for the week-long visit, and hotel accommodations (plus a little extra to give the family for fuel, food and other travel expenses).
- A date for the trip has been set for October, 2016. We are inviting the family to join us at the Fort Worth Alliance Air Show and will honor the family and the boys with the flights in the P-51 at the show.
- Please help us get the Thorne family to Texas and honor these wonderful young men with the experience of a lifetime! Thank you.