IT ALL STARTED WITH AN IDEA I wanted to mix my love for adventure and travel with a burning desire to help those in need. Five years later, my annual travelanthropic treks have raised thousands of dollars for charities across the world.
Hike for Hope 2012 will see a return to the Camino de Santiago (home of 2010's Hike for Habitat). This year's charity partner Catalyst Foundation uses a community development approach to fight poverty and child trafficking throughout Vietnam to save at-risk children. You can learn more about Catalyst on CNN's Freedom Project .
THE HIKE FOR HOPE is also journeyIng across The Pennine Way, Cape Wrath Trail, East Highland Way, and Outer Hebs. Across 4 countries (England, France, Scotland, and Spain) I will hike nearly 1200 miles between May 31st and September 1st.
YOUR HELP is needed to help us reach our fundraising goal of $20,000 for the Catalyst Foundation. You can pledge your support per mile or per segment. No donation is too big or too small and your donation is 100% tax-deductible. Together we will make a difference in the lives of children in need.
JOIN AND DONATE AS A VIRTUAL HIKER!
- $25 per Hike for Hope segment (Pick 1, 2, or all 5 segments!)
- $60 or .05 cents per mile for the enter Hike for Hope (all 1200 miles!)
- $120 or .10 cents per mile for the entire Hike for Hope (all 1200 miles!)
- Create your own donation - no amount is too big or too small!
- For every $250 raised, one child will receive a year of education, food and a safety from child trafficking.
Each donor will receive a very special thank you gift from Catalyst Foundation.
For more info, please visit the official Hike for Hope Facebook page