Hi friends! I'm running the Boston Marathon solo this year, and I'm thrilled to be supporting Horizons again. Having worked in a Horizons preschool, I've seen the impact that the organization makes in the lives of homeless kids. Thank you so much for your support!
Hope to see you on raceday, Amina
Child and Family Homelessness: Key Facts
- This year in the U.S., 1 in every 45 children will be without a home.
- There are over 100,000 homeless children across MA, half of whom are under the age of 6.
- Family homelessness is the fastest growing segment of the homeless population, making up 40% of the group.
- Without the intervention of such critical programs as Horizons for Homeless Children, young homeless children are at risk of serious developmental problems.
Horizons for Homeless Children: Key Facts
- Playspace Programs: shelter-based spaces for kids, “staffed”by 1,400 volunteers; currently over 140 Playspaces in MA, serving 2,200 children weekly.
- Community Children’s Centers: 3 Boston early education/childcare centers, serving 175 young children each day; parent support services.
- Family Partnership Program: longterm support of families as they transition to permanent housing.
- Evaluation & Innovation Program: formal measurement of program impact on children and families served.
- Training & Technical Assistance: sharing expertise on issues facing young homeless children/families with service providers.
- Policy & Advocacy: relationship-building w/ policymakers to improve services for homeless children/families.
Learn more at www.horizonsforhomelesschildren.org