AMERICAN YOUTH HOSTELS INC via Crowdrise
September 14, 2011
Team Hostelling International is running the LA Marathon for the 18th year in a row to support our mission:
To help all, especially the young, gain a greater understanding of the world and its people though hostelling!
Join the hostelling movement to promote cultural awareness amongst youth and adults of our nation by running for team HI!
Training Begins September 10th! Join Team HI!
Here are your fundraising GOALS:
- Raise $200 and receive a nifty Hostelling International Team jersey
- Raise $500 and registration will be paid for!
- Raise $750 and receive team marathon training with Club 26.2
- Fundraising deadline for these is January 19th
Besides supporting some amazing community programs, here are ADDITIONAL BENEFITS of joining Team HI:
- Hostelling International (HI) will front the cost of registration!
- Opportunity for a free night stay the day before the marathon near the finish!
- Team Pasta Dinner the night before race day.
- Bag check @ start w/delivery to the finish
- Chances to win great prizes in our annual Opportunity Drawing
- $50 off the registration minimum for every runner you recruit (up to 3 runners)!
For more information on how to join Team HI-USA, contact our Marathon Coordinator (Shane Cullen) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the Los Angeles Council of Hostelling International, we go a step further in promoting intercultural awareness by providing a variety of educational programs to the local community. Such programs include our Discover Your World Program, Cultural Kitchen Program, Girl Scouts Weekends, World Travel 101 Budget Travel Workshops, Spirit of Adventure Award, and the HI-Travel Grant. By supporting Team Hostelling International, you will play a crucial role in our sustained ability to provide these programs. More info about our programs available on our website:www.lahostels.org