HOD Society save lives by encouraging organ donation from Jews to the general populaton. We are a very small non-profit. We are trying to raise money to have an educator go across the country educating teachers and students about the importance of organ donation.
Over the last 10 years, the Halachic Organ Donor Society has:
- saved more than 200 hundred lives by facilitating organ transplants that were not going to happen.
- performed a kiddush Hashem by changing people's perception about Jews vis a vis organ donation (see CNN, ABC TV, NY Times).
- delivered more than 500 lectures educating more than 25,000 people.
- recruited more than 200 Rabbis to carry organ donor cards.
- created dozens of Rabbinic video-testimonials in support of organ donation.
- made available over 340 articles on organ donation and Jewish law.
- placed over 60 editorials, articles, and letters-to-the-editor.
- had an impact half way around the world (see Australian Jewish News).