Here's a service for police, sheriffs, fire and emergency personnel, communities and children.
Memorial Little Free Library and REACH-a-Child™ Supplying Books for Good!
A WIN-WIN FOR HONORING A COMMUNITY HERO
The men and women who spend their lives protecting us deserve to be remembered... for more than a day! Through the nonprofit REACH-a-Child™ and Little Free Library™, first responders can be the links to the next generation and beyond. Here's how to Honor Your Hero:
1. Establish a Little Free Library in his or her name. Fill it with books for children about bouncing back from adversity, surviving trauma, and heroism. Include stories about role models; preventing and responding to crisis. Help kids learn to read!
2. Support REACH-a-Child™’s BACKPacket Program supplying bags full of books--enough for a year of giving them to kids in crisis.
3. Through REACH-a-Child™ and Little Free Library™, also offer this program (BACKpackets) to hospital emergency rooms, prisons and jails, district attorneys, and social workers who help children.
With your help, REACH-a-Child™ and Little Free Library™ are willing to provide books through:
1. A neighborhood "take a book, return a book" exchange AND
2. BACKpackets to First Responders where a child at a car crash, fire or disaster can find emotional support from a grown-up who takes the time to provide comfort through sharing a good book. So can the son or daughter visiting parents behind bars or recovering from abuse or neglect.
Why do all this?
To honor a first responder for more than a day!
To bring a smile to one child at a time.
To help children and adults share the joy of reading.
To remind neighborhood or small town residents that there is a full, good life after a crisis...and that first responders play an important part in rebuilding the future.
Reaching the $1000 goal for this project through REACH-a-Child™ and Little Free Library will.:
· Supply enough books for a year.
· Provide an attractive location for educational literature and reading materials for children and adults.
· Offer an easy way to make a positive difference with a personal touch.
IN ADDITION, a program funded through Honor a Hero, will also receive:
1. A "how-to" handbook with tips and organizing tools; help with media and community outreach
2. A uniquely designed Little Free Library, Back Packs and hundreds of dollars worth of children's books.
3. Photographs, stories and location on a worldwide map so visitors and supporters can find your Little Library...and you get the credit for the initiative.
4. Access to a national and international network of committed volunteers who share your interests.
Learn all about this unique way to remember and honor someone you respect. Reach children and adults at the same time! See: https://reachachild.org/ and www.littlefreelibrary.org