March 02, 2016
BENEFITING: BEAT THE STREETS WRESTLING INC
EVENT DATE: Mar 12, 2016
Step into the Circle is an adult wrestling tournament, providing wrestlers an opportunity to get back on the mat and fans the opportunity to support Beat the Streets youth wrestling programs for New York City Kids!
By registering for Step into the Circle, you will join a community of ordinary people doing extraordinary things. Whether you decide to wrestle, campaign as a fan, make a donation (sponsor a participant) or become an event sponsor, your efforts will make a real difference in the lives of NYC children.
100% of your fundraising efforts will support Beat the Streets Wrestling Inc, bringing the sport of wrestling to over 3,000 kids and over 150 programs in New York City.
The event will take place on Saturday, March 12th at the BTSNY Mahattan Training Center in Soho.
How to participate:
- Click register. You can select to participate as a wrestler or fan.
- You can either join a team or create your own team. You can also fundraise as an individual.
- Create an account by signing in through your social network or log in and create an account.
- Share the exciting news with your family and friends online! Post your campaign link on Facebook and watch how easily your friends and family support this great cause (your wrestling)! Our goal is for each participant to raise $500.
Wrestling in the event:
- Each match will consist of one period with a two minute running clock. Only Takedowns and Pushouts score.
- The brackets will be paired Madison Style to create an Eight person SINGLE ELIMINATION bracket.
- Brackets will be created to accommodate those of similar weight, age, and wrestling experience.
- Scoring will be based off of a team’s total points scored by each team member during their individual matches.
- All donations are 100% tax deductible.
- Each friend to make a donation gains free admission to the event.
- The team that raises the most money will receive a prize.
- The individual that raises the most money will receive a prize.
Beat the Streets Wrestling Inc. (BTSNY) is a New York City not-for-profit organization providing wrestling programs in New York City Middle Schools and High Schools. Our name says it best - through the sport of wrestling, we provide disadvantaged and at-risk youths with the tools and opportunities necessary for them to beat the streets. Our youth not only learn the physical skills of wrestling – they develop confidence and self-reliance while learning to be courageous, to be resilient, to work hard and to never give up. These are lessons that our boys and girls learn alone on the mat, and will carry with them for the rest of their lives.
We believe every child should have access to this unique sport, which offers such a high potential for personal growth, self-empowerment and achievement. To that end, we are committed to bringing this sport to as many children and adolescents as possible. We – and more importantly, they – rely on people like you to make this possible.