ORGANIZER: City of Hope
EVENT DATE: Mar 19, 2011
City of Hope Duarte, CA wrote -
Get together with friends, coworkers and community members at City of Hope to run or walk the LA Marathon (March 20) or the LA 5K (March 19). Have fun and raise funds to advance cancer research at City of Hope and Children's Hospital Los Angeles through ThinkCure.
It's easy to sign up and you could get some great benefits, too. Here's how:
- Set up your fundraiser page here on Crowdrise by clicking the "JOIN THE TEAM" button on the right side of the screen (you'll create a new Crowdrise account for yourself, if you're not already a member.)
- Customize your page however you'd like...and tell your friends. Click the SHARE PROJECT button on the right side of your own personal page to invite them to donate or join. City of Hope employees, please see note in FAQs.
- Set a goal, then sign up to run or walk either the 5K (3.1 miles) or the marathon (26.2 miles) on the LA Marathon website. That's it! *
* Got other questions? Scroll down to the FAQs section at the bottom of the page.
ThinkCure, the official charity of the Los Angeles Dodgers, advances cures for cancer by funding innovative cancer research in the Los Angeles area.
ThinkCure raises money for grants that fund exciting projects by some of the nation's top researchers -- at City of Hope and CHLA -- who are teaming up to make important discoveries. They target some of the toughest diseases. Brain cancer. Leukemia. Lymphoma. Neuroblastoma. And they're doing it together.
Your footsteps will help -- and you'll get perks
All race participants on our team will get:
* A ThinkCure T-shirt AND Honda LA Marathon or LA 5K shirt
* Dodger Stadium meetings for awards, advice and support
* Regular fundraiser e-mails with advice and support
* Access to the ThinkCure suite (including restroom access) on 5K and marathon race day
* Easy bib pickup for the 5K before the race
...and extra incentives for fundraising
* Raise $500 and get a technical performance ThinkCure Honda LA Marathon and LA 5K T-shirt
* Raise $1,000 and get two game tickets to ThinkCure Weekend at Dodger Stadium in 2011in June
* Raise $1,500 and get your race registration (and training program, if applicable) fees reimbursed
* Raise $2,000 and get four tickets to ThinkCure Weekend
* Raise $3,000 and get four VIP tickets to batting practice at ThinkCure Weekend and join pregame onfield activities
Want details about the 5K or marathon?
Learn about the course, the expo, entertainment, medals, training programs and tips and more at www.lamarathon.com.
What if I've already signed up for the 5K or marathon?
You can still sign up for the City of Hope/ThinkCure team. Just create a Crowdrise page under the same name you registered with for the race.
No one's getting my e-mails I sent by using the SHARE button. What gives?
If you're an employee and you signed up using a City of Hope e-mail address, the organization's e-mail system won't allow you to send blanket e-mails from an @coh.org account using the online tools available through the SHARE button.
But there's an easy way to e-mail friends! Use your regular e-mail to send a message to your friends asking you to contribute to the team using your own unique link. It should be www.crowdrise.com/HopeThinkCure/fundraiser/YOURNAMEHERE. You can find your own personal link by clicking on "My Account" in the gray box at the top of the screen.
Also, make sure to set your junk e-mail filters so that you can receive e-mails from firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if my friends want to donate by check instead of online?
Crowdrise has tools for you to use to track these donations. Go to your Team Member's Toolkit on your own page and enter the name of the donor and the amount they gave. Checks should be written out to ThinkCure and mailed to 9420 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 300, Beverly Hills, CA 90212.
Are donations tax-deductible?
I'm still confused about the site. Who can I talk to?