House of Refuge Prince George's County
Organized by: Brenda Venable
The House of Refuge Prince George's County
MISSION: The House of Refuge (HOR) supports homeless women and children in Prince George's County, MD, in their pursuit of self-sufficiency by providing housing, education, financial and life skills, and career enhancement.
HOR works on short-term needs by...
• meeting homeless people where they are and evaluating the short- and long-term needs , and
• accessing urgent assistance--usually shelter, medical care, a meal or removal from a threatening situation.
HOR works on long-term needs by...
• finding permanent housing;
• arranging for admission into detox, inpatient treatment
• reuniting homeless persons with their families;
• supporting individuals to follow through on all of their commitments.
Deschenaux, W. G. (2015). Overview of Homelessness and Homeless Services in Maryland. Located at http://dls.state.md.us/data/polanasubare/polanasubare_heaandhumser/Overview-of-Homelessness-and-Homeless-Services-in-Maryland.pdf