Message to you from Palestine!
July 29, 2016
Land and water have been at the core of the conflict between Palestine and Israel from its very origins. Access to and control of these life-giving resources are critical for achieving Palestinian self-determination and for an enduring and just peace.
By making a gift today, you are supporting grassroots community-based organizations that are advancing the human rights to land, water and food in Palestine.
Your gift will support activities like:
- Protecting Palestinian land and water resources from confiscation
- Defending homes and communities slated for demolition
- Women’s empowerment and income generation projects
- Youth organizing and leadership development
- Documentation of human rights violations of farmers, fishers and activists
Your support today is critical as Palestinians face harsh collective punishment, relentless resource grabs and unconscionable injustice. Grassroots International has a 30-plus year track record as one of the few US-based foundations to support Palestinian civil society organizations and connect the struggle for Palestinian human rights to global movements for self-determination and dignity.
For example, your gift will provide items and services like:
- $25 to purchase 15 olive tree seedlings for farmers
- $50 to provide a food basket for 2 families struggling to stay on land after a home demolition
- $100 for court fees for a farmer who is trying to stay on land after receiving a confiscation notice
- $250 for a monthly stipend for a human rights field worker in Gaza
- $500 for a tank to harvest rainwater for irrigation
Your generous gift today will fuel our fall grantmaking to those asserting their human rights under deteriorating circumstances. The more money we raise, means the more grants we can give to communities organizing on the frontlines of this struggle!