Thank You from the Hunger Heroes
January 14, 2017
BENEFITING: Food Lifeline
EVENT: 2016 Holiday Meals Challenge
EVENT DATE: Nov 12, 2016
HOURS PLEDGED: 57
The Hunger Heroes are 10 kids, ages 6-11, raising awareness about hunger in our community and helping feed our hungry neighbors through Food Lifeline. Food Lifeline is an awesome organization that rescues and redistributes good food. A one dollar donation provides 5 complete meals!
Our team goals are to volunteer 55 hours of our time packing and sorting food at Food Lifeline's Hunger Solution Center and to help raise awareness about food insecurity! [Update: We packed 5,727 lbs of frozen corn for people in need and contributed 57 volunteer hours!!]
Our individual goals are to:
- Eli - swim 20 laps (1000 yards) [Update: Completed 25 laps!!!]
- Evan - shoot free throws at Bryant Elementary basketball court until he makes 200 free throws [Update: Completed 250 free throws!!!]
- Claire - make an individual "Hunger Heroes" charm for each of her donors as a "thank you" for suporting Food Lifeline and complete 200 forward rolls in gymnastics! [Update: Completed 200 forward rolls!!!]
- Rylan - bike, run or walk 25 laps around Maple Leaf Reservoir [Update: completed 25 laps!!]
- Colin - bike 20 miles on the Burke Gilman Trail
- Devan - hit 1000 golf balls
- Anni - make 500 soccer goals while her dad is goalie
We hope you will consider supporting our team by making a donation to Food Lifeline! Please click "DONATE to this fundraiser" to make a contribution.
Thank you so much!!
Eli, Evan, Claire, Devan, Colin, Rylan, Jonah, Ellie, Ezra, and Anni