Scott Miles wrote -
Team iRunnerBlog is super pumped to be part of the NYC Marathon $1million/mile for charity.
iRunnerBlog has partnered with Brooks Running to provide an amazing opportunity for runners who already have entry into the NYC Marathon to make a difference by raising money for a charity.
The Charity: Founded in 1975, CURE Childhood Cancer is dedicated to conquering childhood cancer through research, education and support of patients and their families. Since its establishment as a grass-roots organization, CURE has focused its efforts on improving the care, quality of life, and survival rate of children with cancer.
The Details: We are seeking 20 runners who want to make a difference by raising as much money as they can. By signing up and raising money for CURE you will have the opportunity to not only be part of a bigger and greater cause, but have access to some awesome things along the way.
With Brooks sponsoring this program you will receive the following when raising money:
- when hitting $500 you will receive a Brooks shirt
- when hitting $1000 you will receive a Brooks running jacket
- when hitting $5000 you will receive a pair of Brooks running shoes
Along the way iRunnerBlog will also be providing the following to our 20 runners:
- complete 14 week marathon training program
- weekly interaction with training week details
- access to Coach Jerry, an elite runner, to answer all of your questions
- access to Runner Therapy, Marisa, a running Physical Therapist, to answer all of your concerns about injuries.
- support from an awesome community on #runchat and iRunnerBlog
What are you waiting for? Get involved! It is simple to join.
Be one of the 20 runners of Team iRunnerBlog, click "Join The Team" at the right.
(Joining and raising money does not include an entry in the NYC Maration. You must have secured entry into the race on your own. There are no fees to join and no personal financial committment)