EVENT DATE: Feb 20, 2014
Generations Inspired Inc. is a non-profit organization focused on empowering youth and young adults to achieve their fullest potential through innovative, interactive, informative, and inspirational programs.
Generations Inspired presents I AM B.E.A.U.T.Y, which is a program designed to empower and inspire young girls and women by fostering self-love, personal and professional development, career exploration, health awareness, goal setting and pursuit of life purpose. In order for the program to continue, please help us raise $3000 by February 15, 2014 for us to start the spring program in March. With every donation over $100, we will send you a T-shirt or a calendar. Generations Inspired thanks in advance and appreciates every dollar to the program (100% of the funds go directly to the program). To learn more about Generations Inspired, take a look at the website at www.generationsinspired.org.
Generations Inspired presents I AM B.E.A.U.T.Y because:
• 90% of eating disorders are found in girls.
• 44% of teens skip meals as a tactic to losing or controlling weight.
• Nearly 3 in 10 teen girls in the US will get pregnant at least once before age 20.
• 72% of parents of online teens are concerned about how their child interacts online with people they do not know.
• 91% of teens have been bullied.
• Suicide rates have increased by 60% worldwide; 30% of adolescent girls have thoughts about suicide.
• 1 out of 10 eighth grade girls smokes daily.
• 85% of girls experience sexual harassment in school.
Program Details: I AM B.E.A.U.T.Y Bootcamp is a 10 week develop program for teenage girls where the participants will be given tools to build self-confidence, establish mentors, formulate goals, discuss teen issues, and hone life skills essential to success. The program is facilitated by a Certified Life Coach and guest speakers are invited throughout the program to co-present on various topics, including goal setting, networking, personal branding, social media etiquette and effective communication. Participants also engage in fitness activities weekly to promote healthy and active lifestyles.