BENEFITING: ARIZONA TRANSPLANT HOUSE FOUNDATION INC
EVENT DATE: Nov 02, 2014
Dear you guys,
I have tried writing the description for this page like four times and it always comes off as stilted and weird, and I am coming to realize that if I don’t just post the doggone thing then there will never be any fundraising. So! Voila! Welcome to my fundraising page (if that was not clear). In short:
- I am running the New York City Marathon again. On November 2nd.
- Yes, as a matter of fact, I still hate running, with all the vitriol I can muster, and with a white hot burning ferocity of the cores of a million suns. I have very few reasons for why I’m doing this again, and in fact I have several reasons for why nobody should ever run a marathon. But I digress.
- I am not fundraising as a means of gaining access to the marathon, as I did last year. In 2014, I’m already in, BUT…
- Crowdrise and the New York Road Runners have teamed up to present people with a pretty cool opportunity to fundraise anyway, which I am taking.
- My selected charity is the Help in Healing Home Foundation in Phoenix, Arizona (formerly known as the Arizona Transplant House).
The Foundation is an awesome organization attached to the Arizona Mayo Hospital and Clinic that, with the local ACS Hope Lodge, provides living accommodations and a support network for people receiving treatments. This a wonderful and welcome service to people sent to receive expensive treatments far from home.
My family can certainly attest to this - the Foundation helped my mother, Mosey Covington, and our family for the entirety of her 6+ week stay for cancer therapies at the Mayo Clinic. The people who staff and run the facility are wonderful people, and it is in repayment for how fantastic they were to my family that I’d like to help them fund their efforts to help the next person. It’s my hope that you’ll help me in that.
So, please consider donating to this great organization, literally any amount is appreciated. Do it because you love Mosey, and would like to give back to those who have helped her. Do it because your altruistic side begs you to. Do it because it does not require a bucket of water. Do it because it's tax deductible and your April 2015 self will appreciate your actions today! Do it because every dollar donated is a call to me to quit my narcissistic bellyaching and just run the damn marathon already.