Heroes MemorialClimb wrote -
IAVA-Texas provides members the support needed to reach their potential as civic leaders and models of responsible American citizenship.
IAVA-Texas will accomplish our mission by providing leadership in three key areas:
-Providing our members a community of peers.
-Local support through IAVA “Squads” dedicated to social, service, success, or sports tracks.
- Regular events
- Linking members with resources/programs to address ongoing transition needs.
* local resources and partner veteran service organizations (VSO).
- Support IAVA national awareness campaigns.
- Increase local awareness of veterans’ issues.
- Promote civic responsibility based on military core values.
- Join with other-era veterans and civilian supporters to accomplish our goal.
- Support IAVA national legislative priorities at the state and local level.
- Engage public and private sector stakeholders and enlist their support.
- In word and deed, promote ideals of equal opportunity, equal liberty, and shared sacrifice.
Our nation is increasingly polarized, fragmented and partisan.
Who better to reverse this trend and set a new standard of citizenship than those who have served in uniform?
Our nation looks to us for leadership. We stand ready to lead again.