ICGR has two main purposes: community service, and cultivating interfaith understanding and peace. Each year we engage in a variety of activities and host a multitude of programs and events in our efforts towards each purpose.
Our projects and programs include the following:
- Annual Brotherhood/Sisterhood Youth Awards Program, in which we recognize local youth for their unique acceptance of diversity, giving scholarships when we have the funds
- Interfaith Networking and Research, where we work locally and nationally to connect with a wide network of faith groups, as well as work toward education about religious differences and diversity, at times in collaboration with VCU
- Faith Night at the Diamond, where we come together to celebrate family and faith, and the diversity that comes with it
- RVA Peace Festival, an annual festival that was originally held in response to 9/11, the mission of which is to bring together youth and adults to celebrate peace and diversity, as well as to build community and understanding in the Richmond area
- CARITAS, providing food, shelter and compassion for the homeless
- Clergy Breakfast, to bring together community leaders and faith leaders from across the Greater Richmond area, as well as to award an individual clergy member for their outstanding work for diversity and for our community