BENEFITING: Alzheimer's Association
Alzheimer's disease affects an estimated 1 in 8 people over the age of 65. In the United States alone, over 5 million people are currently suffering from the disease. And this number is expected to increase significantly over the next 20 years. Alzheimer's is an irreversible, progressive brain disease that slowly destroys memory and thinking skills, and eventually the ability to carry out even the simplest tasks. It is a debilitating disease for those who suffer from it, as well as for the family members and loved ones who become caretakers. In the past 10 years, mortality rates have decreased for all of the top ten fatal diseases, except for Alzheimer's which has risen 66%. Although there are many theories circulating, scientists don't yet fully understand what causes the disease and there is currently no cure.
For this fundraiser, my goal is to raise $1000 for the Alzheimer's Association. The Alzheimer's Association is the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. They work on a global, national, and local level to enhance care and support for all those affected by Alzheimer's and related dementias. If we can reach this goal amount by March 20th, I will dye my hair WHITE in support of those who are suffering from this disease.
This fundraiser is in honor of these beautiful people:
- George Ferguson (Glasgow, Scotland) - via Roz
- John & Wava Lash (Parma, OH) - via Alyssa
- Janet Harper (Leesburg, VA) - via Tess
- Patricia Veness (Eastbourne, England) - via Tamara
- Johannes van Pelt (Amsterdam, Netherlands) - via Josie
- Nanny Searcy (California) - via Kayla
- Per Ferstad (Alesund, Norway) - via Marie
- Margret Villasenior (Aliso Viejo, CA) - via Jordin
- John Gilger (Warren, OH) - via Seth (for Jenn)
Thank you in advance for your donation and of course... for your love.