BENEFITING: PERFORMING ARTS WORKSHOP INC
ALL GIFTS WILL BE MATCHED! If we raise $10,000 by 12/31/14, our friends, David and Phyllis H. Sarkaria, will match your donations!
THE NUTS + BOLTS >>> Performing Arts Workshop helps students develop critical thinking, creative expression, and essential learning skills through the arts. Our research-driven programs reach children in schools, community centers, homeless shelters, and juvenile halls. 83% of the students in our partner sites are from low-income families.
HERE'S WHERE YOU COME IN >>> Can you help us reach 5,000 kids this year? Here's what your donation can fund:
- $30 helps fund one class for one student
- $50 buys poetry journals for two classrooms
- $100 buys drums for capoeira classes
- $150 buys rhythm sticks and noisemakers for pre-k music classes
- $200 buys digital music software for rap and hip-hop classes
- $500 funds a day of professional development for one teaching artist
- $1,000 helps fund ten weeks of classes
- $1,600 helps us rent a theater for our annual student showcase
OUR RESULTS >>> You should know that our track record is pretty darn good. Based on research funded by the US Department of Education, we know that students in our program:
- increase their critical thinking skills
- are more confident
- are more engaged in learning
An afterschool director put it best: "This program is essential to students and their educational goals."
You can help give students the education they need and deserve. #IHeartArtsEducation
[PHOTO CREDITS: Teresa Kennett, Eye of Passion Photography, Victor M. Samuel Photography, and Robyn Navarro.]