BENEFITING: Every Mother Counts
EVENT DATE: Sep 27, 2014
Hundreds of thousands of women die during pregnancy and childbirth each year. That's 800 women every day. The good news is that 90% of these deaths can be prevented. We have the tools and the know-how to save these mothers, daughters, sisters, wives, teachers, doctors, caregivers and community leaders—if we make it a priority.
Every Mother Counts is a non-profit organization dedicated to making pregnancy and childbirth safe for every mother. We inform, engage, and mobilize new audiences to take actions and raise funds that support maternal health programs around the world.
100% of our donations and the funds you raise go to support women in need around the world. Since 2012, EMC has announced six grants that your donations support. Currently, EMC is working in:
• Haiti - educating midwives and healthcare providers and helping construct a new birth center
• Indonesia –helping to construct, staff and supply a labor/care center to test and treat for HIV/AIDS
• Uganda – supporting programs that provide transportation vouchers so women can physically get to providers for prenatal care and to deliver at safe birth facilities.
• Malawi – helping provide solar powered light and electricity to clinics and birth facilities.
• United States – helping increase access to prenatal education and number of prenatal visits for underserved populations in Florida.
It is my goal to raise $300 for this amazing charity, but I need your help! How? All you need to do is simply donate what you feel you can comfortably donate to this amazing cause. I will them run on behalf of Every Mother Counts in the Zooma Woman's 10k on 9/27/14 to help raise awareness for this awesome charity!
Thanks in advance for all your love and support!