Organized by: Jeanette Clabassi
EVENT DATE Oct 01, 2014
Whilst in Brazil I will be researching lack of funds for proper schools, education, health and Care
My goal is make these kids feel loved and important and to show them that people do care
SUPPORT THE CAUSE
Small Voice – Let’s not destroy what mother earth gave us
My Future Trip
My future goal is to go to the very birthplace Rio to study my love for PURE RAW Cacao
To protect the children against poverty and slavery
Pure Cacao & Pure Espresso
“There is no such thing as Chocolate or Coffee (Instant)”
In 2011 I went on my own independant study trip to the Second Largest birthplace of cacao and coffee platation in the hills situated outside of Ubud Bali
This is a fabulous stop for the agro tourist. The resort labels all of its plants and tries to use each of them when preparing local and delicious foods.
This venue is extremely well known for Luwak coffee.
Here’s how it works Kopi luwak (Malay pronunciation: [ˈkopi ˈlu.aʔ]), or civet coffee, is one of the world’s most expensive and low-production varieties of coffee. It is made from the beans of coffee berries which have been eaten by the Asian Palm Civet (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus) and other related civets, then passed through its digestive tract. A civet eats the berries for their fleshy pulp. In its stomach, proteolytic enzymes seep into the beans, making shorter peptides and more free amino acids. Passing through a civet’s intestines over 8 hours the beans are then defecated, keeping their shape. After gathering, thorough washing, sun drying, light roasting and brewing, these beans yield an aromatic coffee with much less bitterness, widely noted as the most expensive coffee in the world. In addition to this special variety coffee, the resort has an exquisite ginseng coffee “for stamina” in addition to a number of other coffee and tea varieties. The home grown crops (hot peppers, bananas, vanilla, etc…) are exquisite and the staff is very friendly and interested in showing you around. There are also several private but open air restrooms which are beautiful and uniquely refreshing.
If you’re looking to get away from it all (with expensive coffee) this is the place. Ideally a few nights here mid adventure could work out nicely
FOOD OF THE GODS
100% UNSWEETENED COUVERTURE
The Cacao Bean is the RICHEST of Nature’s Food Group on the planet. Current Medical Doctors today suggest it to their Cancer Patients. Delicious treats can be healthy; raw, unprocessed and unsweetened dark chocolate is so healthy in fact that it contains more antioxidants than green tea and red wine. To sweeten naturally and tone down bitterness, just add honey.
Derived from the cacao tree, raw cacao powder is rich in protein, fats, calcium, iron, carotene, vitamins B1, B2 and C, chromium, zinc and magnesium.
Here are 9 reasons cacao is good for you:
1. Cacao fights depression: Raw cacao contains tryptophan, a chemical that is involved in the production of serotonin. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that regulates anger, aggression, mood and sleep. In essence, cacao makes you feel happy and is a natural anti-depressant.
2. Cacao is good for your heart: Studies have shown that regular consumption of cocoa reduces the risk of blood clots, strokes and heart attacks. Magnesium is essential for the cardiovascular system; most people who suffer heart attacks have low levels of magnesium. Raw cacao powder is high in magnesium and a study from 2006 found that consuming cacao regularly resulted in a 50 percent reduction in cardiovascular mortality.
3. Cacao increases HDL (healthy) cholesterol: Cacao powder contains oleic acid, a monosaturated omega-9 fatty acid. Scientific studies have demonstrated that this type of fat increases levels of HDL cholesterol.
4. Cacao reduces LDL (unhealthy) cholesterol: A study found that people who ate about 99 grams of cacao a day for two weeks experienced a significant reduction in LDL cholesterol.
5. Cacao reduces blood pressure: According to various studies, regular consumption of cacao powder lowers both systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
6. Cacao increases insulin sensitivity: Diabetes and hypoglycemia develop as a result of insulin insensitivity; because cocoa increases insulin sensitivity, researchers have found that it can actually protect against these diseases.
7. Cacao is a natural stimulant: Cacao contains caffeine, making it a healthier alternative to coffee.
8. Cacaco is considered by many to be an aphrodisiac: Many people who habitually consume cacao have noticed an increase in sexual drive. This may be because cocoa increases levels of serotonin, which among other things, is a factor in sexual drive.
9. Cacao can help you lose weight: As bizarre as it may sound, cacao has indeed been linked to weight loss in scientific studies. Researchers believe this is because cacao is rich in fiber, which helps to prevent fat absorption. Fiber also satiates hunger, which can also lead to weight loss.