Skip to content
jefftom2's profile image - click for profile

The Tom Family's Fundraiser:

In Memory of Dennis Tom

The Tom's Photo
The Tom's Photo
The Tom Family

THE STORY:

On June 29th, 2016, we lost a devoted husband, dedicated father, loving grandfather, a loyal brother and a best friend due to a stroke.  Dennis was surrounded by his family, a testament to the place he held in all of our hearts.

Dennis married the love of his life and best friend, Elinor, in 1961.  He often spoke proudly of how Elinor was the only person he ever dated.  He was a very loving, caring, and supportive husband.

Dennis also has three sons and is a standing role model for the adults they have become.  He is also deeply missed by his three daughter-in-laws, four grandchildren, brother, brother and sister-in-laws, and many nieces, nephews, and cousins.

Dennis found the most joy in spending time with family and friends.  He was a very friendly, warm, and genuine person who always welcomed you with a smile.  He was also a great conversationalist and a joy to talk with.  He had a witty sense of humor and always knew how to make you laugh and smile.  At family gatherings, if you heard laughter in the room it usually involved a conversation that he was a part of.

Dennis was quite a sportsman and enjoyed black bass fishing, playing tennis and pickleball, and following Cal football and basketball.  He also loved listening to music of the likes of John Denver, Josh Groban, Jim Brickman, Peter, Paul, & Mary, and many others.

Dennis's warm heart, passion for life, and smile were felt by all those who knew him.  He truly knew how to enjoy life and lived life to the fullest.  We will miss him dearly and always remember his joyous laugh and optimism in life.  

Although Dennis did not have MSA, he was deeply affected by it as his wife currently has MSA and has been fighting it since 2007.  We hope you will join the fight against MSA by donating to this fund, which supports the work of the Multiple System Atrophy Coalition. Your donations in Dennis's memory will help fund research to discover a cure for this devastating disease.

MSA is a rare, degenerative neurologic condition.  It is a type of parkinsonism but with more widespread effects on the brain and body than Parkinson's disease.  The causes of MSA are unclear and at this time, there are no specific symptoms, blood tests, or imaging studies that definitively diagnose MSA and there is no cure.

The MSA Coalition is focused on facilitating and funding MSA research. Approximately 75% of all donations to the MSA Coalition go towards research identifying causes, effective treatments, and hopefully a cure.  The remaining 25% is primarily used to fund educational and advocacy initiatives.

DONATE

To This Fundraiser

$50

MONEY RAISED
  • Martha Kitajima

     

  •  
  •  
  •  

Fundraise for this Campaign

The Team: $50 TOTAL RAISED SO FAR

JOIN THE TEAM

Want to help Fundraise or Volunteer for this amazing Fundraiser? Join the Team

Donor Comments

Martha Kitajima

Martha Kitajima

What a shock when I learned through the newspaper of the passing of Dennis. What fond memories I have of our years in college and in later years.....Dennis always had a smile on his face and friendly to everyone . Sending my deepest sympathies and prayers to you and your family. 1 year ago