BENEFITING: Mohonk Preserve, Inc.
ORGANIZER: Mohonk Preserve, Inc.
EVENT: 2017 Rock the Ridge 50
EVENT DATE: May 06, 2017
On May 6th I'm running a 50 mile Ultramarathon, the run will be at the beautiful Mohonk Preserve located in the Hudson Valley near New Paltz (90 miles north of NYC) and I'm currently raising $250 to help the 8,000 acre preserve.
Why do this?
Well because I want to.
Yes... you read that correctly. 50 miles - Let's Do This!
I'm ready to go. (Unlike that last Ultra I ran: I signed up 3 weeks before it, ran exactly 0 miles in preperation for it, didn't eat correctly, didn't research, finally add a couple of "less than ideal" variables and before you know it - I have a funny story to tell some other time haha)
Why do this? Part II
1. To run 50 miles with some amazing people for an awesome cause!
2. To raise money for the Mohonk Preserve Organization.
Facts about the Mohonk Preserve:
• 8,000 acres (10x the size of central park)
• 165,000 yearly visitors
• Protects the Shawangunk ecosystem through land management
• Preserves history and heritage (as a history buff - awesome!)
• Provides educational opportunities in nature
• Allows us to connect back with nature (which we could all use from time to time)
• Promotes responsible recreation
• Delivers serenity for those seeking it
Check out this video they made for the 50 - Mile Challenge:
It will only take you a few seconds.
Click here to Donate -> http://bit.ly/AARunMohonk50
Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better - Einstein
Thank you for reading this far.
Take care - I hope you have an amazing day!
In the woods too, a man casts off his years, as the snake his slough, and at what period soever of life, is always a child. In the woods, is perpetual youth - Ralph Waldo Emerson
(Photo: Camping under the stars in the middle of winter, at Lake George)